Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Upgrading OBIEE 11g to 11.1.1.7 - ** STOP PRESS **

Having now performed both and upgrade and a fresh install of 11.1.1.7 and compared the two I can report that the upgrade does not entirely work - it seems to miss off or not completely install some components.

I'd already mentioned that the Essbase components were not included in the upgrade and this is perfectly ok - you'd want to install Essbase in a seperate middleware home anyway (if not a separate server), however some other new features don't seem to work after the upgrade and I can only assume the upgrade process doesn't install the components correctly.

An example is the new percentage tiles. the upgraded version doesn't have the correct screen when editing percentage tiles - it tries to edit them in the pivot table editor and it doesn't quite work properly - there isn't even any 'done/revert' buttons to save/discard your changes.

I also had a problem with drilling not working - clicking on a dimension value to drill down in a pivot table didn't do anything - even on a report which worked perfectly ok before the upgrade. This may be a problem specific to my environment, I've no way of knowing, but I don't have time to investigate it.

I'm going to keep my upgraded environment (it was only a test environment) and when the next patch set comes out see if that fixes these issues - upgrading would still be an easier option than reinstalling especially if there were lots of custom configurations. For now though if anyone wants to upgrade I'd recommend a re-install.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Paul. Looking forward to the patch. Hopefully these issues would be fixed by then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    This was of great help as i was preparing for my OBIEE 11g exam i also joined www.wiziq.com/course/22309 which helped me a lot.Their are many more courses available on the site if anybody ios interested in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting piece of information, I had come to know about your web-page from my friend pramod, jaipur,i have read atleast eight posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your blog gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new posts, once again hats off to you! Thanks a million once again, Regards, obiee online training

    ReplyDelete


  4. Thank you provide valuable informations and iam seacrching same informations,and saved my time OBIEE Online Training

    ReplyDelete